Photo by Jay Tyrrell
Dr. Picucci recommends the following resources that cover a variety of topics including Somatic ExperiencingÂ®, Authentic Process Healing, and Energy Psychology, among others.
The following websites provide excellent complements to the Focalizing material presented on this website.
- Institute of Noetic Sciences: IONS is a non-profit organization founded by astronaut Edgar Mitchell out of his profound space journey to and from the moon. The Institute conducts and sponsors leading-edge research into the potentials and powers of consciousnessâ€”including perceptions, beliefs, attention, intention, and intuition. The institute explores phenomena that do not necessarily fit conventional scientific models, while maintaining a commitment to scientific rigor. www.ions.org
- Shift in Action: In the world of Shift in Action be prepared to meet, tune into and add your own clear voice to an evolutionary movement of catalytic thinkers and transformational agents. www.shiftinaction.com
- The Focusing Institute: Focusing is direct access to a bodily knowing. As in ancient times, philosophy now has a practice derived from it as a result of the life work and research of Eugene T. Gendlin, Ph.D. Focusing is a resource for the entry point to embodied knowledge. With over forty years of applied practice and research, Focusing is the established and never-aging forerunner of Dr. Picucci's Focalizing work. www.focusing.org
- Dr. Otto C. Scharmer is senior lecturer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and author of Theory U: Leading from the Future as It Emerges. His work illuminates blind spots in leadership and social experience; findings which have greatly contributed to language and accessibility of Focalizing. www.ottoscharmer.com
- The Presencing Institute is a global action research community that applies Theory U and presencing to the transformation of capitalism by shifting the social field of individual and collective action from habitual patterns to co-creating from the emerging whole. The presencing process is a journey that connects us more deeply both to what wants to emerge in the world and to our highest future possibilityâ€”our emerging authentic self. www.presencing.com
- The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology is the world's largest organization for energy psychology practitioners. It is an international nonprofit organization promoting professional energy psychology and the comprehension of the systems of energy that envelop the body. www.energypsych.org
- Society for Organizational Learning: (SoL), is an intentional learning community composed of organizations, individuals, and local SoL communities around the world. They are a not-for-profit entity created to connect corporations and organizations, researchers and consultants to generate knowledge about and capacity for fundamental innovation and change by engaging in collaborative action inquiry projects. www.solonline.org
- The Authentic Process Healing Institute (APHI): This is the nonprofit organization that has supported Dr. Picucci’s research since 1985. Through this website and its nine “doorways” of specific content one can dynamically link with hundreds of possible additional resources that support APHI’s primary mission of reducing suffering & supporting possibility. www.theinstitute.org
- The Foundation for Human Enrichment: This is the web home of Peter A. Levine’s Somatic ExperiencingÂ® (SE) - a short-term naturalistic approach to the resolution of trauma. Dr. Picucci integrates SE findings into an expanded vision that helps individuals and organizations tap into their innate intelligence for the resolution of whatever barriers or traumas that may be causing stagnation or deterioration. www.traumahealing.com
- Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations, and Society: This site represents the book by the same name written by Peter Senge, C. Otto Scharmer, Joseph Jaworski, and Betty Sue Flowers. It contains excerpts from the book and a workbook that can be downloaded. The research of these authors has greatly inspired Dr. Picucci and his website. www.presence.net
- Peter Russell: This untamed website offers excerpts from Russell’s inspiring book From Science to God. It demonstrates Russell’s lifelong exploration into the nature of consciousness. Blending physics, psychology, and philosophy, he leads us to a new worldview in which consciousness is a fundamental quality of creation. He shows how all the ingredients for this worldview are in place; nothing new needs to be discovered. We have only to put the pieces together and explore the new picture of reality that emerges. www.peterussell.com
- Perry Carrison is a trusted advisor when you want to understandâ€”and make use ofâ€”the link between self discovery and work. Unlike coaches who attempt to change ‘who you are’ so that you fit better into your current professional culture, Carrison helps you to recognize ‘who you are’ and how your current situation is the key to realizing your goals. www.carrison-inc.com
- The World CafĂ© : Celebrating the Power of Conversation to Change the World. www.theworldcafe.com
- The Bert Hellinger Approach for systemic solutions with families and organizations has rapidly caught worldwide interest. Now in more than 25 countries consultants, therapists, and other practitioners of family and organization constellations are working with the Hellinger Approach. www.hellinger.com
- HadoLife: Dr. Masaru Emoto, chief of the Hado institute in Tokyo is the author of many books concerning the phenomenon of ' Hado' which led him to a series of remarkable discoveries pertaining to the nature of water. Hado: The intrinsic vibrational pattern at the atomic level in all matter. The smallest unit of energy. Its basis is the energy of human consciousness. www.hado-energy.com
- The Intention Experiment: Lynne McTaggart, author of The Field, and the most eminent scientists in consciousness research is testing an outrageous premise: that human thoughts and intentions are an actual physical ‘something’ with the astonishing power to change our world. Thousands of people from around the world are going to participate in what will be the largest ongoing mind-over-matter study in history. The targets are philanthropic: healing wounds, helping children with attention deficit or patients with Alzheimer’s, counteracting pollution and global warming. www.theintentionexperiment.com/index.php
- Spirituality & Health: The Soul/Body Connection: Reports on the people, the practices, and the ideas of the current spiritual renaissance. It offers self-tests, guidance on spiritual practices; reviews of the latest resources for people on spiritual journeys; inspiration and insights from leading teachers, researchers, and practitioners; and a forum for the active exchange of ideas among various disciplines and communities. www.spirituality-health.com/spirit
- Sex and Internet Addiction: Click here for a national directory of seasoned therapists who are committed to individuals wanting to heal from these painful epidemics of our time. www.bluffviewcounseling.com/therapeutic-resources.shtml
- Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health was formed in 1966 to promote yoga and uplift the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of individual. It’s a place where people come together to inquire deeply into the core issues of life, explore new and healthier ways of being, and put inspiration into practice. www.kripalu.org
- The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH) offers hope and valuable resources to those seeking information about sexual addiction. www.sash.net
- The Healing Bridge is dedicated to helping people tap into the heart and soul of healing. Dr. Jane Hart interviews everyday people around the world who share their extraordinary wisdom about their own healing journeys. www.thehealingbridge.org
- Alex Grey is a visionary artist who exquisitely portrays the human energy systems in action and has a permanent exhibit in New York named the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors. www.alexgrey.com
- Jay Tyrrell is the talented photographer and friend who gifted the images for this web site. His work gets regular gallery showings and is available online. About his artistic expressions, Jay says: “At the intersection of quiet, colour and geometry is where I make these photographs. This is my meditation, my response to our modern world. The end results are crisp, elegant photographs that please me, and I hope, you as well.” www.jaytyrrell.com
- Pachamama Alliance brings forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on this planet. www.pachamama.org
- Spiritual Scientific. “Academia without walls” - “Dedicated to the treatment of autism, post-traumatic stress syndrome, and the human spirit”. Their Mission is to promote an understanding that we all have a biological connection to a "quantum universe" that we access continually during our ordinary lives. They want to explore and promote the practical applications of understanding this new paradigm of consciousness. http://spiritualscientific.com
- Zen Peacemakers: Zen Master Bernie Glassman founded the Zen Peacemakers in 1980 to expand Zen practice into larger spheres of influence including, social service, business and ecology. www.zenpeacemakers.org
- Integrative Medicine: Dr Frank Lipman, MD is a pioneer in integrative medicine and the founder and director of Eleven-Eleven Wellness Center in New York City, where his personal blend of Western and other medicinal approaches, has helped thousands of people recover their energy and zest for life. www.drfranklipman.com
- Integrative Psychiatry: Samuel L. Sharmat, M.D., a board-certified psychiatrist with a subspecialty in addiction treatment, who has built a reputation for treating the patient as a whole. www.samuelsharmatmd.com
- Barry Lipscomb: a colleague who works with clients to access a higher consciousness, stepping outside our ordinary, daily experience to generate fresh ideas and implement new solutions for individual and organizational transformation. www.barrylipscomb.com
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
by Michael A. Singer
A priceless gift to all who have futilely searched and yearned for a richer, more meaningful, creative life.
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
by Eckhart Tolle
A profoundly spiritual manifesto for a better way of lifeâ€”and for building a better world.
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma, The Innate Capacity to Transform Overwhelming Experiences
by Peter Levine
This seminal work on Somatic ExperiencingÂ® by Peter Levine with Ann Frederick is an excellent introduction to the topic.
- Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations, and Society
by Peter M. Senge, Otto Scharmer, Joseph Jaworski, and Betty Sue Flowers
Dr. Picucci highly recommends this timely book and acknowledges the authors, Peter M. Senge, et. al., for helping with the content contained on this website.
- From Science to God
by Peter Russell
This book illustrates why energy psychology makes practical good sense. Russell portrays a "metaparadigm shift" in which consciousness is accepted as a fundamental constituent of the universe and of scientific explanations, supplemented by analogies between consciousness, light and God.
- Theory U: Leading from the Future as It Emerges
by C. Otto Scharmer (May, 2007)
This groundbreaking research and application on how we can learn from the emerging future fulfills on Einstiens prophacy that fundamental problems cannot be solved at the same level of thought that created them. Dr. Picucci has been following and integrating Scharmer's (and his colleagues) work in the social technowledgy of Presencing for some time. It is very much aligned with Focalizing, and supports the process on organizational & societal levels.
- Brilliancy: The Essence of Intelligence
by A.H. Almas
An excellent expose of the intelligence of our underlying spiritual ground and how it can spontaneously guide our consciousness and experience toward liberation.
- The World CafĂ©: Shaping Our Futures Through Conversations That Matter
by Juanita Brown, David Isaacs, World Cafe Community, and Margaret J. Wheatley
The World CafĂ© was born in the author’s living room in 1995 and it unfolded into a learning journey for hundreds of thousands of people from corporations, NGO’s, health care organizations, government, and educational institutions on six continents.
- The True Power of Water
by Masaru Emoto
This follow up to Dr. Emoto’s international bestseller The Hidden Messages in Water is the result of his latest scientific research into the healing properties of water. Emoto proves through his photographs of water crystals that water and water molecules are affected by our thoughts, words, and emotions. He makes the case that water literally holds the key to good health and shows how we can interact with it with our thoughts, intentions, and prayer to reverse illness.
- Acknowledging What Is: Conversations With Bert Hellinger
by Bert Hellinger, Gabriele ten Hovel, and Colleen Beaumont
This is a great exploration of the mind and experiences of the man who discovered “Love’s Hidden Symmetry” that lies under our conditioned ways of being in his energetic family and organizational constellation work.
- The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World
by Lynne McTaggart
Building on the discoveries of her first book, international bestseller The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe, here McTaggart shares a revolutionary, groundbreaking exploration of the science of intention. It is also the first book to invite the reader to take an active part in its original research. The Intention Experiment demonstrates that thought is a thing that affects other things. Thought generates its own palpable energy that you can use to improve your life, to help others around you, and to change the world.